No reminders

RINO Groep December 18, 2018

I’ve installed the reminders app (Cloud) from the marketplace, however, it doesn’t send me reminders when I create one (for example one 15 mins from now). The only other plugin I have installed is the Email This Issue.

From the documentation it’s as simple as install and done. Am I missing a step? Is this still supported?

Hope someone could help.

Kind regards. 

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 22, 2020

I desperately want this to work, as it is exactly what I need. However, I installed it, set three separate reminders for within the next 10 minutes and all expired silently. No email, no link for an overview page, absolutely nothing at all.

I see nothing on this page that suggests I've missed anything. Do reminders have to be some distance in the future? Like beyond +30 minutes or something?

Deleted user May 22, 2020

I'm an idiot. While I DID look in my junk folder, I did NOT look in my JIRA NOTIFICATIONS folder. In my defense, I never look in there and kind of forgot I created it. Pretty much everything we do/look at is in Slack, so alas, this is NOT actually the dream come true, since it's reliant on email.

Like Amy Bartlett likes this
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2020

Can you please add a comment here explaining why you want this functionality and watch / vote on that issue for further updates? https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/MR-84

I can't promise that I'll get to it anytime soon. But if enough people ask for it I'll try and make it happen.

0 votes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 29, 2019

Is it working for you now?

Josh Padnick August 16, 2019

I'm also having the same issue. Here are my steps to reproduce:

- Installed MyReminders

- Added a reminder for 3 mins from now on a Jira ticket in a Next-Gen project

- Received nothing

Separately, is there a way to view all upcoming reminders across all projects?

Josh Padnick August 16, 2019

Oh strange, just got both reminders. and finally found the link https://xxx.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/ac/com.atlassian.myreminders/view-my-reminders. So I guess it's working now? 

One thing you should optimize for is when users want to try out the functionality for the first time. There's no easy way to do the full lifecycle of enter a reminder, wait a minute, and then receive one.

Thanks for your help.

Atlassian Team
August 16, 2019

Hi @Josh Padnick you can actually make a reminder for yourself for 30 minutes in the past and it will be sent within 10 minutes. That lets you test sending reminders immediately.

0 votes
Ian Davies December 21, 2018

I'm having the same issue, it used to work and now it seems to have stopped

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events