No permission for import file

Joachim Geißler October 15, 2018

Hi,

Using Project configurator getting these error message:

File ... does not exist or Jira does not have permissions to open and read it

But file exists and permissions are correct.

Any idea?

Best, Joachim

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

Are you by chance using a Windows machine for your installation of Jira?  If so, I could see a scenario where Windows will hide the file extensions by default.  So when you look at the filename in windows it might just look like

example_filename

But in fact you would need to use the extension to reference that file correctly, such as

example_filename.zip

(if this is a zip file).  If you only included the name without the extension, I can see how the program would give you that error.  The code needs to see the exact filename including file extension.

Does this help?  If not, grab a screenshot of your error and perhaps one showing the path and filename where this file exists on your system.  

Reference document on how to import with this plugin is in https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23134381

Gonzalo Etchemendi February 11, 2019

Hi Andrew, I hope you are well. I am experiencing the same issue, but in this case I am including the file extension and the permissions are correct. Unfortunately I am not able to access the URL provided. Is there a fix that you can share? Thank you in advance.

Pedro Suzuki February 27, 2019

I'm with the same situation than you Gonzalo. Could you solve that issue? 

Regards,

axxonadmin June 21, 2021

i don't know what kind of permission project configurator wants, but allowing reading for 'all' fixes the issue

PC is a crap software

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events