Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

No permission for import file

Hi,

Using Project configurator getting these error message:

File ... does not exist or Jira does not have permissions to open and read it

But file exists and permissions are correct.

Any idea?

Best, Joachim

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2018

Are you by chance using a Windows machine for your installation of Jira?  If so, I could see a scenario where Windows will hide the file extensions by default.  So when you look at the filename in windows it might just look like

example_filename

But in fact you would need to use the extension to reference that file correctly, such as

example_filename.zip

(if this is a zip file).  If you only included the name without the extension, I can see how the program would give you that error.  The code needs to see the exact filename including file extension.

Does this help?  If not, grab a screenshot of your error and perhaps one showing the path and filename where this file exists on your system.  

Reference document on how to import with this plugin is in https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23134381

Hi Andrew, I hope you are well. I am experiencing the same issue, but in this case I am including the file extension and the permissions are correct. Unfortunately I am not able to access the URL provided. Is there a fix that you can share? Thank you in advance.

I'm with the same situation than you Gonzalo. Could you solve that issue? 

Regards,

i don't know what kind of permission project configurator wants, but allowing reading for 'all' fixes the issue

PC is a crap software

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events