Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No permission for import file

Hi,

Using Project configurator getting these error message:

File ... does not exist or Jira does not have permissions to open and read it

But file exists and permissions are correct.

Any idea?

Best, Joachim

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Oct 16, 2018

Are you by chance using a Windows machine for your installation of Jira?  If so, I could see a scenario where Windows will hide the file extensions by default.  So when you look at the filename in windows it might just look like

example_filename

But in fact you would need to use the extension to reference that file correctly, such as

example_filename.zip

(if this is a zip file).  If you only included the name without the extension, I can see how the program would give you that error.  The code needs to see the exact filename including file extension.

Does this help?  If not, grab a screenshot of your error and perhaps one showing the path and filename where this file exists on your system.  

Reference document on how to import with this plugin is in https://www.adaptavist.com/doco/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=23134381

Hi Andrew, I hope you are well. I am experiencing the same issue, but in this case I am including the file extension and the permissions are correct. Unfortunately I am not able to access the URL provided. Is there a fix that you can share? Thank you in advance.

I'm with the same situation than you Gonzalo. Could you solve that issue? 

Regards,

i don't know what kind of permission project configurator wants, but allowing reading for 'all' fixes the issue

PC is a crap software

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

🤺 Atlympic Event: Partnerships

Hello Community!  Quick disclaimer: We are running a contest on Community (The Atlympics!) from July 23rd - August 8th of 2021. If you are interested in participating in this contest (prizes! ...

59 views 0 2
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you