Need help evaluating Labels column in Formula

Kevin Lyons June 2, 2020

I'm trying to create a Structure Formula Column to looks at the Value of the Labels column in an IF statement:

IF(Labels = "KLRisk"; "AML")

no rows in the Formula Column return AML

I've tried no quotes and single quotes around KLRisk with same result.

I;m sure there is something special about Labels column but I can;t find any documentation.

Clip shows my formula is valid but you can also see the Labels column does contain rows with the value I am looking for but is returning nothing in Formula Column?

Labels Structure Formula.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 3, 2020

Hello Kevin,

The used formula will only work for issues that have one label - KLRisk - and nothing else. If there are several Labels and you want to mark issues that contain a specific one, you need to use the match() function:

if(match(labels;"*KLRisk*");"AML")

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us directly at support.almworks.com if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

David Doria June 14, 2020

@Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_How would you match an exact label name? Say I had two labels called 'mylabel' and 'orig_mylabel'. If I just 'match(labels,"/mylabel/")' then it would match whichever one of those came first (alphabetically, I guess?). How could I tell it "only match exactly the label named 'mylabel'"?

David

Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 10, 2020

Hello David,

Apologies for the late answer. If you want the Formula to match only a specific label, you should state it so in the brackets - if(match(labels,"mylabel") - but please note that this formula works only if there is a single Labels value, it won't work for issues with multiple values.

Please feel free to reach out to us at support.almworks.com if you need more help with the Formula.

Best regards,
Stepan Kholodov
ALM Works

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2021

@Kevin Lyons  &  @David Doria:  You may be interested in the Structure 7 / Formulas / Expr 2 Bootcamp.

Best,

-dave 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events