My multiexcerpt include does not function properly

Deleted user December 26, 2019

I have correctly inserted the multiexcerpt macro on the page with excerpt to be included on another page. The macro correctly links to the page on which I included the excerpt. 

I inserted the multiexcerpt include macro on the page in which to insert the excerpt. However, the macro does not link back to the correct page. I receive an error message stating that the page does not exist.  The page does come up in the selection menu as I enter it, though. I am also careful to properly enter the name of the excerpt.

What am I missing?  I'd appreciate your assistance.

-------------------------------

1/3/20 addendum -

Error message on multiexcerpt include page: Page not found for multiexcerpt macro. The page...was not found. Please check/update the page name used in the multiexcerpt-include macro.  

Actions taken:

• I checked the name of the space, page, and multiexcerpt. They look correct.
  • When I clicked "Go to included page", it directed me to the same multiexcerpt include page.
  • When I go into "Edit multiexcerpt macro" on the multiexcerpt page, the preview does show the excerpt correctly and does not show an error message.

I have tested it several times, but the macro still does not function.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. Thank you! Anne

1 answer

0 votes
Steven McCormick August 9, 2020

Not sure if this is the same issue but I have found that the multiexcerpt does not work across Spaces, but does work within a single Space.  I'm pretty sure it used to work across Space!!!

I just did a little bit of experimentation....

1. I moved the page that contained the excerpt include to be a child page of the page containing the excerpt (NOTE: this meant the page moved from one Space to another).  I needed to set it up again in the referring page, but this worked (aka the excerpt include parameters where not right).
  2. I then moved the page back again to its original Space and to my surprise the excerpt continued to work.

What I noticed was that the excerpt include needed the following in the parameters:

• Space with Excerpt: {space name}
  • Page with Excerpt: {space name}:{page name}
  • MultiExcerpt Name: drop down and select the name

NOTE: the Space name and the colon before the page name.

One other thing the {space name} seems to be the shortened version of the space name.  In my example we have one called "Consumer Data Rights" and its {space name} is CDR.

Summary:

The problem seems to be that the MultiExcerpt Include does not correctly reference pages from another Space and therefore cannot find the excerpt.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events