Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

My Script runner Script behaviour is working for create screen but not working for edit screen .

My Script runner Script behaviour is working for create screen but not working for edit screen .

Script runner Version:6.15.0  

Script code :

-----------------------------------------------------------

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormField

def donorNameField = getFieldById("customfield_12331") // i.e Donor name field i.e Dropdown field
def donorNameFieldValue = donorNameField.getValue()

def OtherDonerNameField = getFieldById("customfield_11902") //ClearField field i.e Other Doner Name field

donorNameField.setRequired(true)
//-----------------------------------Logic To set text box to empty when you select "Other option from Drop down"------------------

if(donorNameFieldValue.toString().contains("Other"))
{

OtherDonerNameField.setHidden(false); // To Show it ---> we use "false"

OtherDonerNameField.setRequired(true)
}

else
{

OtherDonerNameField.setHidden(true); // To hide it ---> we use "true"

OtherDonerNameField.setFormValue(null) // to set empty when "other" is selected from dropdown , we passed Null to formField

OtherDonerNameField.setRequired(false)

}

-----------------------------------------------------------

Script working properly with create issue type ,but when i turn to edit the issue .behaviour  not working at all . Facing issue to keep   mandatory field . Because on edit  mandatory field can be make to empty  , which i dont want to .

Is there any restriction with Given version . 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Apps for Confluence you won't want to miss: RSVP for September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators and Confluence users! Our Appy Hours event on September 29th features 4 presenters demoing functionality to superpower Confluence. Don't miss learning about these apps i...

110 views 0 9
Read article

Atlassian Community Events