More than one mail account able to create issues and comments on a project using Email This Issue

Becky Rotoloni August 22, 2014

For the Email this Issue feature - can I set up multiple mail accounts for one Jira project. The documentation says "typically one mail account for each Jira project". But will more than one work?

I have 3 different email accounts that I want to be able to add issues into the same project. I considered creating as alias' for the "real mail account" , but when the auto-reply goes out, it will go out with the real account and that wil be confusing to the customers.

Thanks,

Becky

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 22, 2014

Hi Becky, whether it works or doesn't depends on JIRA Mail Handlers as Email This Issue mail handler is backed by JIRA handlers.

As far as I understand how JIRA works, it should be no problem to set up multiple Email This Issue handlers feeding the same project. I recommend you test it in a test environment or at least using a test project in JIRA.

In terms of Email this issue, a single Mail Handler Context is enough for the three handlers.

Tibor

0 votes
Abdul Wahid Dalvi August 2, 2018

Hi Becky,

I wanted to know if you had tried creating multiple handlers with different issue type under same project and if that has worked without any issues?

Many Thanks.

Best Regards,

Abdul Wahid Dalvi

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events