Missing Epic Link in the Automation's Issue fields condition?

Ivan Aracki December 18, 2020

Although there are other fields (e.g. Epic Name, Epic Theme) included in Issue fields condition there is no Epic Link. Is this supposed behaviour or no...?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi Ivan,

I suspect this is a Next-gen project is that correct? If so, those project types use a different process for links to Epics. 

Are you trying to create a filter or use automation? If so use the Parent field. 

Otherwise, what type of project are you using and what are you trying to do?

Ivan Aracki December 21, 2020

In info it says it's a Classic software project.

I want to create a simple automation and for "Issue field condition" I want to use Epic Link. There is no Parent field at all.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2020

Epic Link should show up if it is a Classic Software project. Can you share the automation rule that you have so far, with the details for where the Epic Link should be? 

photo_2020-12-21 15.54.47.jpeg

Istead of "Epic Name is empty" I want to check if the issue is linked to an Epic.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 21, 2020

Try using the Related Issues condition instead of Issue fields condition.

screenshot.png

Like # people like this

Oh, this actually works. Thank you very much @John Funk :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2020

Great! Glad I could help.

0 votes
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2022

Hi I am trying to do something similar.

Automation rule: When an issue is created and if it is not of an EPIC type, it should have an EPIC link. Basically I am trying to get all issues to have an EPIC link at the time of creation. I have gotten this far. Not sure what the final action should be. If someone could help, much appreciated. Thank You!

Screen Shot 2022-02-07 at 12.22.28 pm.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2022

Hi @Kavitha Chandrasekaran  - Please create a new question for your needs. 

Like Kavitha Chandrasekaran likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events