Mindville intagrations for cloud

Mike Smalley October 19, 2020

With the announcement of Atlassian's plans to move away from Server/Data center, anyone know the plans for insight and their integrations? Primarily Insight Discovery integration with Insight cloud, are there any plans to port these? 

3 answers

0 votes
Tim October 20, 2020

We're a Jira Cloud customer, and just exploring Insight for possible/likely adoption now. Understanding that it's still early days after the Mindville acquisition and now the removal of Server, I'd also like to know the plans for Discovery for a non Server/Datacentre instance of Jira.

I see there is a 'Collector' service, so wondering if that will be the mechanism for on-prem data collection -> Insight in Jira Cloud.

Mike Smalley October 27, 2020

If you are referring to the Collector in the Discovery plugin it's function is strictly to gather on-prem data from multiple instances of the Discovery app. Therefore, unfortunately, it won't and doesn't have anything to do with moving data to anything outside of an on-prem setup.

That would be a good idea though for on-prem to cloud.

Like Tim likes this
0 votes
Matthew Dell October 19, 2020

I have the same question as OP. Insight in Jira Cloud appears to lack parity with the server/DC versions. There's no SCCM, Azure, Discovery, DB, or LDAP imports built in. I see only CSV import in documentation and it appears the CSV must be uploaded each time. If it can only import data from CSV manually, then cloud isn't an option.

0 votes
Corey Shields October 19, 2020

Similarly, it looks like Insight will be free with Jira ServiceDesk Data Center version after February. Will the same come with ServiceDesk Cloud?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events