Microsoft Teams Integration: Failed to generate authorization link.

Stetson_Reed March 12, 2020

We have successfully configured the Microsoft Teams integration on the Jira side. When we try to configure the integration on the Teams side, it asks for our Jira ID. We provide the Jira ID and make a successful connection. However, it returns an error when we try to Authorize the integration.

Error:

Failed to generate authorization link. Please contact your Jira Server administrator and confirm Application link for Microsoft Teams app has been properly configured.

We have checked the configuration multiple times, everything appears to be configured exactly according to the configuration instructions. As mentioned, we are also making a successful connection to Jira using the Jira ID provided in the configuration instructions.

What steps do we need to take to troubleshoot?

2020-03-12_1256.png

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

16 answers

0 votes
Indrek Pill September 13, 2021

Hi,

I have the same issue! Who can assist me, please?

Thanks in advance,

0 votes
Emre Özel March 13, 2021

Hello 

We are having same problem! Who can assist me plase?? 

0 votes
tomas_kadlec December 16, 2020

Hi to all,

I got the same issue while trying to authorize.

Can you please help me with that? Thanks

0 votes
Alexandre de Sousa October 14, 2020

Hi community. I hope you all are doing fine.

I’ve recently passed by the same problem as you. After some studies and contacts with the support we reached to the conclusion the problem was at the firewall.

I applied the suggestions about configurations which the support sent me in a different way. Instead of whitelist all those links they sent I turned off my firewall for a test and it worked. The reason why I did that was because turning off the firewall would save time for my tests.

About the solution they sent, they suggested to whitelist the following IP/hosts (they should be opened for both outbound and inbound traffic): https://www.msteams-atlassian.com/JiraServer/#configuring-firewall and check if any traffic from/to https://msteams-jira-server.service.signalr.net is not blocked by proxy on your side.

I hope that solution can help someone here as helped me.

Best Regards,

Alexandre de Sousa.

aciappei November 30, 2020

Hi Alexandre,

I follow you guide, but I still have same problem. 

When I digit connect from Teams, he request login to MS Account. I gave him it, and after that ask me the Jira ID. I pass also it, but next screen ask me authentication but all in gray, I can't do any action.

I checked my firewall, I disable, I enable, I put any any as rules.

I have one doubt, it's possible the HAproxy block it? what part need to pass?

Thanks

Alessandro

Like Alexandre de Sousa likes this
Alexandre de Sousa December 18, 2020

Hi @aciappei , sorry about my late answer.

About your question, I don't know if HAproxy is blocking your request.

I'd like to suggest you propose to your team try to use another app for communication (e.g. Slack). May this can turns your work more simple when connecting both.

Sometimes the efforts we spent trying to use an add-on which doesn't work not worth.

BR,

Alexandre de Sousa.

0 votes
Vishal Gamji October 13, 2020

Any resolution to this issue? Any ETA?

0 votes
Mykhailo Zaiats September 17, 2020

Hi there,

I have the same issue! Who can assist me, please?

Thanks in advance,

Mike 

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2020

Hi,

Please contact our support team via this link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and fill in the form provided, so we can better assist you.

Waiting to hear from you.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

0 votes
Mike McNamara September 16, 2020

Despite months of trying and doing each of the suggested activities provided by the support team, we were never able to get this to work. With this many people having the issue and it appearing to be unresolved for all, it would seem like there is something that could be done through instructions or the set up process to allow this to work properly. We decided to move on and that this functionality, while nice, is not critical for our needs given the amount of time and effort expended on trying to get it to work.

0 votes
Tata Classedge June 4, 2020

Same issue, do we need Adminstrator access for MS Teams?

0 votes
Tatiana May 27, 2020

Hi team,

I'm also getting the same error:

Error:

Failed to generate authorization link. Please contact your Jira Server administrator and confirm Application link for Microsoft Teams app has been properly configured.

0 votes
Austin Flannery May 19, 2020

We are also seeing this issue for our users.  A support request has been submitted to the SoftServe Support Team. Will update what we hear back.

Austin Flannery May 19, 2020

Removing App link and reconfiguring resolved for us, although the link displayed as Active as if it was working before doing so.

Mike McNamara May 21, 2020

Thanks for that info, gald it is working for you now. We removed app add-on, removed app link, then reinstalled and created again. This was also suggested by support. We also turned debug logging on to trace messages specific to 4 MS services. Having our IS person now try the MS Teams setup/authorization steps again. We'll see.

0 votes
KRISHNA KANT AGARWAL May 9, 2020

Hi team,

I'm also getting the same error:

Error:

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2020

Hi @KRISHNA KANT AGARWAL ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please contact our support team via this link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and fill in the form provided, so we can better assist you.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

Nitasha September 16, 2020

Hi Team,

I am also facing same issue. Configuration is correct. But getting error:

Please help with it. Thanks

0 votes
Anders Aarkrog April 23, 2020

Same issue. 

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 24, 2020

Hi @Anders Aarkrog ,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please contact our support team via this link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and fill in the form provided, so we can better assist you.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

0 votes
Mike McNamara April 13, 2020

Same issue. I was wondering about the final "steps" in the instructions about the JIRA ID for Teams admin. After that there is am image of a window a the server https://jira-server.msteams-atlassian.com/#/ - it seems to indicate that is where you would put in a JIRA ID also. 

I did enter a support team issue using the link in the other responses. Waiting for feedback. 

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2020

Dear Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Please be informed that you issue will be investigated in scope of newly created request.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

Mike McNamara June 16, 2021

In case it helps anyone, we got the integration working, The issue we had was Tomcat on our JIRA Windows server pointing to the wrong keystore, so it never authenticated properly. Tomcat was pointing to a different JRE than JIRA, so it had the wrong keystore to check. See the link below for a similar situation for Confluence. This is actually how we figured it out, because we trying to get Confluence SSL working, and after it did, realized this was probably the same issue with JIRA,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-set-system-properties-for-confluence-running-as-a-service-on-windows-873858384.html

(Please note that I am relaying what I was told as the issue, in hopes it may help someone else, I did not actually make this change mentioned, our IS team member did that. I am not an expert in JRE and keystores, so forgive me if some of the wording above is not totally accurate!)

0 votes
Luca gamboni April 6, 2020

Hi, i have the same issue .

can you hekp me 

thanks

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2020

Hi Luca,

Thank you for reporting this issue. Please contact our support team via this link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and fill in the form provided, so we can better assist you.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

0 votes
Eng Chi March 19, 2020

Hi. I have the same issue, how do i resolve?

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2020

Hi @Eng Chi ,

It would be great if you could contact our support team by going to the following link https://www.softserveinc.com/en-us/msteams-atlassian-privacy-policy and filling in the form provided there, so we could resolve the issue for you.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2020

Dear Stetson,

Thank you for reporting this! Please be informed that our team is currently working on this issue in scope of the ticket #103121. Please check your inbox to make sure you received our last reply.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

KRISHNA KANT AGARWAL May 9, 2020

Hi team,

I'm getting the same error. Kindly advice.

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 9, 2020

Dear @KRISHNA KANT AGARWAL

Please be advised that your request is under investigation in scope of ticket #115706. Check your inbox to make sure you received our last reply.

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

KRISHNA KANT AGARWAL May 10, 2020

Please share the ticket link  for #115706.

krishna_agarwal May 11, 2020

Hi Team, 

Any update for the above issue. 

SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 11, 2020

Hi @krishna_agarwal 

It seems like you did not receive a response that was provided 4 days ago. Please look in your spam and trash folders for emails from microsoftteamsintegrationssupport@softserveinc.com

Best regards,

SoftServe Support Team

Tata Classedge June 4, 2020

same issue any specific solution,
Do we need to have admin access of Teams?

Software Licenses Virtamed September 18, 2020

Hi, same issue here! Admin on both sides...any help is appreciated!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events