MetaData Plugin - Using Component Metadata

Jaroslav Prchal April 22, 2013

With the version 2.3 should be available add aditional MetaData to Compomnent, Where can I see the configuration of this settting? There is a Component Tab in plugin modules but in Project Panels is this panel not visible. I am interesting to ad more user roles to Component like a Test Mangers etc. Thank you

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jaroslav Prchal April 29, 2013

Thank you Andreas, now i see :)

0 votes
Laszlo Szilagyi May 4, 2014

Hey Guys,

I have a related question. I would like to set up a metadata for each component and use that value as to display as field.

Is there any custom field to do this quickly? I tried to use the "JIRA Metadata - View project metadata field" custom field which works nicely for the metadata set up on the project level. I would need the same functionallity on the Component level.

Is there any way to reference the component's metadata with this "View project metadata field"?

Please advise.

Andreas Spall _evolu_software_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2014

Hi Laszlo,

you have to use the "JIRA Metadata - Calc. field" with:

#set( $value = $metadataService.getMetadataValue($issue.getComponentObjects().iterator().next(), 'some.url') ) $!value

as default value (in this case some.url is the key of the metadata value attached to the first component).

(but actually it is a new question :)

Cheers

Andreas

Laszlo Szilagyi May 5, 2014

Hi Andreas,

I appreciate your quick response. I will try this as soon as I can.

(I do know this was a new question and I'm truly sorry for mixing the topics. I was not able to find where to post a new question either here nor in your JIRA space. So this is why I contacted you here.)

Many thanks again.

UPDATE: this worked like a charm. Thank you.

0 votes
Jaroslav Prchal April 28, 2013

Hi Andreas, there are not visible any aditional tabs. Please see the screenshots.

http://www.mutenice.cz/prenosymutenice/componentpanel.GIF

Thank you

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 29, 2013

Hi Prchal,

The Comonent Metadata Tab is not part of the JIRA Admin Interface. It's part of teh JIRA Project Admin Interface. see

https://aevolu.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JM/Configuration+Pages

0 votes
Jaroslav Prchal April 24, 2013

Hi Andreas, thank you for the screenshot. My question was about the using Metadata plugin for Components and Version, should I undestand that i have tu duplicate list of components in MetaData panel? My undestanding was that there is additional/extra panel for the component or there is extra column in regular compoment panel. Thank you. Jaroslav

Marketplace Partner
April 25, 2013
Hi Prchal, there is a extra tab in the regular component panel.
0 votes
Marketplace Partner
April 24, 2013
0 votes
Jaroslav Prchal April 24, 2013

Hi Andreas could you please provide any screenshot, because i Didnt see any modification in Component/Version panel after installation. I teste it on verzion 5.0.4 and 5.1.8 Thank you. Jaroslav

0 votes
Marketplace Partner
April 24, 2013

Hi Prchal,

the Component/Version-metadata tab is part of the Component/Version Panel and not Part of the Project Panel.

Cheers

Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events