Merge user Table with Jira Extract

Kevin Lyons July 2, 2020

Our teams use many custom Confluence tables to track misc information that is not included in our Jira instance. However, these tables always include Jira ticket keys as a common reference point. What I would like to do is merge basic Jira information into these tables based on the ticket keys.

I expect the Jira data will come from exporting the results of a filter into a CSV file. I'd then like to merge the CSV data with the user Table into one table based on the keys included in the user table.

Obviously the most automated approach would be ideal.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2020

Hi @Kevin Lyons,

We can recommend you to use our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

The Table from CSV macro will help your users to create Confluence tables from .csv and .tsv files.

To merge tables use the Table Transformer macro. The default automatic Lookup preset will suit you.

Besides our macros (filters, pivots and charts) work with the Jira Issues macro just fine and you'll be able to create real-time dashboards right in Confluence.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Lyons July 3, 2020

Thanks @katerina_Kovriga

The next requirement is direct editing of table cells. Will this app suite help with that?

Kevin

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2020

We have the "Edit table in the view mode" feature in our backlog, but it is not implemented at the moment.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events