Marketplace Partner Spotlight: AppLiger

This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity. 

Atlassian: How was your company started?

Pavel Pavlovsky: My AppLiger co-founder, Yuriy Marchenko and I worked together at a Railsware company, a Ukrainian product studio. In addition to other company projects, we contributed to Smart Checklist for Jira, an addon by Railsware, which is now a Gold Marketplace Partner. This app became one of the top 3 checklist addons for Jira with a 5-star rating and is loved by many customers. We later decided to use our knowledge of the Atlassian Ecosystem to create an app for Jira, Easy Templates for Jira issues and began AppLiger.

AppLiger Marketplace Partner Spotlight.jpeg

A: What's your role at your company?

PP: I'm a co-founder along with my partner Yuriy Marchenko who is CTO and Lead Engineer. I also act as CEO, but my main focus is Product Management. However, I also cover other responsibilities, like Customer Success, Research, Finances, Marketing, and Operations.

A: What's your favorite thing about working at AppLiger? Also, what's your favorite team ritual?

PP: We are driven by customer happiness and helping people work in seamless ways. It is important to us that work is productive and not stressful for our customers. So we strive to create a no-stress environment in our company too. That brings joy and the ability to excel in what we do.

We are all passionate about music, so we gather twice a week to rehearse, jam, play guitars, and sing. Engaging in this passion brings us closer together and fosters greater connection and teamwork. We find ourselves discussion work projects, challenges, and plans while we play; It fuels our creativity.

AppLiger Music Marketplace Spotlight.jpeg

A: How does your team come up with ideas for new apps?

PP: Right now we are focusing on a single app, Easy Templates. That approach contributes to an our goal of creating a no-stress environment for customers. However, we share additional ideas in a dedicated Slack channel and hope to bring them to life in the future. When we see potential to solve a problem with an app we filter it through our experience of working as consultants and engineers on customer projects. 

We constantly research Atlassian Community forums and competitors and in the process we tend to find new ideas for improvements in functionality, user experience, and documentation. The main goal is that an app itself should be prototyped and delivered to the Marketplace fast to verify an idea with a LEAN approach.

A: Think back to when you developed your flagship app. Did you see yourself here now? What do you think has been the secret to your success so far?

PP: I believed and envisioned that at some point, the app, which started as a pet project, would allow us to quit our main job and focus on our own business and grow the AppLiger company. Though it happened surprisingly quickly, Atlassian's success and growth contributed a lot!

One of the critical success points is that even when we delivered a Server/DC version of our app - we were entirely focused on the Cloud platform, improving and bringing more features to the Cloud app. We had minimal resources for a long time when we shared our time with the main job. We had to move by small steps, iterating, delivering only real essential and most critical functionality to our users. Proper customer development, prioritization, and focus brought us there.

A: Tell us about your most popular app. Why do customers love it?

PP: Our leading app, Easy Templates for Jira issues, is a customer favorite. It helps teams create Templates from Jira issues. It holds up the structure of child/subtasks, and is helpful when working on repetitive tasks and processes. Customers use the app to manage employee on/off-boarding processes, application releases, new projects, client kick-offs, and even building physical environments. We delivered the first version of the app back in 2017 and immediately started experiencing positive feedback from customers. We decided to listen to customers and prioritize appropriately. Our app stands out for customers because they enjoy its simplicity in setup, usage, and quickly creating templates for Jira issues.

A: Do you have any new apps or projects you want us to know about?

PP: With its growing product portfolio and different teams joining the Atlassian ecosystem, Atlassian still has a lot of opportunities and areas for improvement. We are in the research phase to bring more useful apps to Atlassian users to improve teams' productivity and agility.

Visit AppLiger on the Atlassian Marketplace.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events