Marketplace Partner Spotlight: Amoeboids

For this month’s partner spotlight, we caught up with Anand Inamdar at Amoeboids, makers of popular cloud apps like Automated Release Notes for Jira and UpRaise for Employee Success (with OKRs). The team at Amoeboids prides itself on building products that enrich workplace culture and increase productivity.

So let’s chat with Amoeboids!

Atlassian: How was your company started?

Anand Inamdar: Right after graduation, I didn’t want to take a job. But I didn’t get into a management institute of my choice, so I decided to join an MNC. Once I started my career, I realized that I was good at product development, and things began to fall in place for me. After a year, I moved into a startup where I had an opportunity to work hands-on around core product development and organization building. I have always been a product guy at heart-having a solution for every business problem. So during this journey, I realized that there were business challenges that product managers like me were facing and saw an opportunity to create my own company that would address these problems with Apps. At this company, I met my co-founders, Parag and Shiv. That is when the seeds for ‘Amoeboids’ were sown.  

A: What’s your role at your company?

AI: I am the CEO & Product Owner at Amoeboids

image1.jpg

A: What’s your favorite thing about working at Amoeboids?

AI: My favorite thing about being a part of Amoeboids is that it allows me to improve workplaces. We pride ourselves in building products that enrich workplace culture and create focus. Our apps also help organizations eliminate operational inefficiencies and improve their bottom line. Operating from Oxford of the east, Pune, which began as a team of 3 today, has 25+ employees executing ideas and creating apps for Atlassian products to help business teams perform at their best.

A: What’s your favorite team ritual?

AI: My favorite team ritual is our monthly all-hands meeting. The team comes together for thirty to forty-five minutes to have open conversations. This time gives teams who work in different areas a chance to cross paths and share what they’re working on, what’s inspiring them, and what they need help with. It helps promote collaboration and connection.

A: How does your team come up with ideas for new apps?

AI: At Amoeboids, we have built a culture where we constantly look for ways to improve efficiency. Although tried and tested practices often seem like the safer option, sometimes we find ourselves doing things ‘the old way’ when there’s a better, more efficient way available out there. We periodically have brainstorming sessions with the teams where they are encouraged to develop alternative ways we could be doing our execution. We then discuss those alternative ways, shortlist the best options, try an MVP and take it forward for release. The team members or teams who develop these ideas are also rewarded and recognized. This has helped us foster a culture of innovation within the organization. 

A: Think back to when you were developing your flagship app. Did you see yourself here now? What do you think has been the secret to your success so far?

AI: When we started our journey at Amoeboids, we didn’t have a specific idea to go with. We were very clear that the product idea we would take should be commercially feasible, and we wanted to build a profitable organization. When we launched UpRaise, our first app, we didn’t know it would potentially grow into the suite of apps it is today. Seven years into this journey, we are really happy with how we have progressed as an organization. The secret to success for us has been to know our customers well and to be open to new ideas at all times. This has really worked wonders for us, and we continue to push boundaries every day. 

image2.jpg

A: Tell us about your most popular app. Why do customers love it?

AI: There are actually two of them! UpRaise for Employee Success & Automated Release Notes. UpRaise for Employee Success is the most sought-after app by mid-large organizations looking to implement agile performance management, OKRs, whereas ARN is more famous for smaller teams. For both these apps combined, we have 1000+ customers across 70+ countries. The reason why customers love both of them is due to the flexibility they offer. Both of these have organically evolved over a period of time & have grown in collaboration with customer feedback/needs.

A: Do you have any new apps or projects you want us to know about? 

AI: We come up with new apps on an ongoing basis. While we have had our share of failures like Enriched profiles for JSM that failed to get any traction, others are growing steadily – Embedder for Confluence & Roadmap portal for JSM. And the recently released ones, Screenjar for Jira and Typeform integration for JSM, are both pretty new and are yet to be fully validated. We are also working on a new offering for release managers, so stay tuned!

Visit Amoeboids on the Marketplace and install a new app. 

3 comments

Comment

Amit Kapoor March 18, 2022

@Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids ! Wow. I learned so many things about your organization today and obviously - you! You guys are creating exceptional apps. Thank YOU!

Like # people like this
Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2022

Thank you for the kind words @Amit Kapoor
We have been able to add real value to various teams through our apps, only because of the amazing customer collaborations that came our way. Let me take this opportunity to thank YOU & many other customers who have helped us grow with their detailed insights. 

Anand Inamdar_Amoeboids
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2022

Thank you @Maggie Norby Adams & @Erica, Thomas for this great opportunity to talk about how we work here at Amoeboids

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events