Managed Services Agreements (Contracts)

Gareth Bettridge June 30, 2021

I am struggling to find an app specifcally for using Jira SD with managed services agreements (prepaid/monthly)... i have been recommended Harvest, ContractsPro and Tempo none of which seem to hit the mark. has anyone come across this requirement and if so what did they end up going with? Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 1, 2021

Hi @Gareth Bettridge and welcome to the community!

Could you maybe elaborate a bit on what you want to do with the contracts? Is this mainly to manage their lifecycle or will you be using them in customer cases too?

I'm partial to using a CMDB to store Contracts as you can easily link them to the tickets and get the information from them + you have a flexible structure where can manage your own attributes.

As this is Jira i would recommend Insight for that but again, it depends on what your use case with these contracts are. Would they be business contracts and you'd like to manage their renewal and other properties or are they a prerequisite for other issues with customers?

Gareth Bettridge July 5, 2021

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans... Aplogies for the late response. I did install Harvest and I believe it will do as I need. For the sake of closing this out two examples of what we need are:

When we deliver a project we provide 10 hours of prepaid service after the project has been completed so we want to be able to track the number of hours left... I can do this in Harvest.

We will be signing customers up for fixed fee ongoing managed services contracts and I want to be able to review monthly engineering cost on these contracts to track profitibility... this can also be done in Harvest.  

Thanks for the quick response. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events