Lost titles, details on biggantt - help!

Roger Goldsbrough November 6, 2020

Biggantt appears to have received an update while we were asleep yesterday morning. All charts now have no detailed text on the left within them. We have contacted support, but they have been unable to help.

Has anyone see anything like this or know what we might do to resolve it?

It's on all the usual views of the gantt charts, there are no rows or content in them on the left hand side where it usually lists the task summary, status, assignee etc. We can see the taskbars and paths on the right.

This is operationally important, so we are currently installing a replacement addon, but if someone could offer any pointers that would be great.

Thanks in advance!

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Roger Goldsbrough November 6, 2020

Creating new boxes seems to be a workaround.

The column view settings page stalls on boxes that were created before yesterday.

Hope this helps someone!

Dan Levine November 8, 2020

FYI - artificial tasks don't carry over, and the order of tasks resets if you've moved them manually. But at least you get a Gantt and dependencies back. Thanks for the workaround.

0 votes
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2020

Hello everyone,

Unfortunately, as you already know, our latest release caused a major issue with the display of the WBS in the Gantt chart which - obviously - had been neither expected nor intended. Knowing the severity of this situation, our dev teams put great effort into releasing a hotfix in a timely manner. They succeed, as the patch was deployed over the weekend. 

I sincerely hope that multiple new features implemented with BigGantt/BigPicture 8 will outweigh the temporary inconvenience caused by the initial release.

Thanks a lot for understanding. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

Hendrik Poppe November 11, 2020

Hi Mateusz,

is the hotfix also availalbe for Jira Cloud? I am still missing the content of the left sidebar as described above. 

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2020

Hi @Hendrik Poppe 

The issue impacted only Jira Cloud. Please raise a support ticket via our Service Desk so that we can see why you still reproduce it. Please refer to SUPPORT-338601 in the ticket title. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

Hendrik Poppe November 24, 2020

Solved by your Support, thanks a lot! 

Like Mateusz Sołowianiuk likes this
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2020

I'm extremely happy to hear that, @Hendrik Poppe 

Cheers,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

0 votes
Patrik Wielsma November 9, 2020

Same problem here, so now all artificial tasks and the sorting is lost.

A huge amount of hours put down in this work, the "workaround" above is hardly not a solution and not an option for our company.

Does anyone know if the team behind Bigantt is working on a solution?

Roger Goldsbrough November 9, 2020

Hi Patrik,

Sure. I'd rather SoftwarePlant hadn't broken our views or failing that had offered us some support. But given where we are, I posted the solution we have chosen to advance (rather than move out of biggantt) because I thought it might help some users.

If you find a better solution please do update us so we can use it too! :)

All the best,

Roger.

Patrik Wielsma November 9, 2020

Seems like the issue has been solved now, all programs is now updated and the column view works as expectead again.

Like # people like this
Roger Goldsbrough November 9, 2020

Wooohoooo! Thanks for the heads up Patrik. Working for us now too.

0 votes
bruno.szota November 9, 2020

Exactly the same problem everyone else is having. The "column view" section of BigGantt is blank, and I can't search for the original columns to add them in (e.g. status, summary, assigned to, etc). The order of everything is also gone.

If they release an update that breaks the gantt we're using on an important project, why would we subscribe to them going forward?

0 votes
Dan Levine November 8, 2020

The workaround worked, sort of. I lost all of my artificial tasks in the new Box, and the sort order is totally reset from the manual order I'd created. This was a bad upgrade. Basically, they blew away the view I was using, named Basic, and the field changes I made to the view. And on the original project (i.e. Box), you can't even switch to a new view. It just spins.

0 votes
John Chung November 8, 2020

I'm experiencing a similar issue. We've lost all detail on the left, it's simply blank. We've used 'fake tasks' to group a few different streams - they are showing on the chart but without the detail or ability to expand on the left kind of renders the whole thing useless i.e. it has a long parent task that says it houses 207 child tasks that cannot be viewed.

@Roger Goldsbrough thanks for the workaround!

Does seem to get things working again but will still require us to lay everything out again with milestones etc. Not ideal and somewhat time consuming. Will also have to explore a replacement to BigGantt

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events