Lookup Manager Action

Todd Palermo July 5, 2020

I see that in Transitions there is a way to Update Lookup Table Column. Is there a way to do this without transitions? Is there an Action in Automation to do this? I am not looking to populate a field from the Lookup Table. I am looking to update the Lookup Table from a field. Maybe there is a way to do this with Scriptrunner? Thanks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

Can you elaborate what is the Lookup Table Column? 

App Lookup Manager by Akeles Consulting. Lookup Manager allows you to update a field based on a lookup table that you create much like Excel Index function. There is an update in the Transitions that allows the lookup table to be updated instead of the custom field of a record. I would like to do this, but without a transition. Either Automation or Script or something like that.

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2020

Got it! I've never worked with this app before but I can see in their documentation that they have an integration with Automation for JIRA

The lookup can be triggered from 1) Workflow post functions 2) Jira Service Desk Automation 3) Automation for Jira

Screenshot from 2020-07-05 17-32-21.png

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2020

I found this doc 

Automation for JIRA - https://akeles.jira.com/wiki/spaces/LOOKUP/pages/1181614081/Config+Rule+in+Automation+for+Jira+New

JSD Automation - https://akeles.jira.com/wiki/spaces/LOOKUP/pages/1185153099/Config+Action+in+Jira+Service+Desk+Automation+New

I think with this in the automation you won't need to add the postfunction on the workflow anymore. I think this is cleaner, I usually avoid doing a lot of logic on post-function.

If you are looking for update the Lookup Tables, I think the only way is manual or through CSV import.

Yes, exactly. The Workflow Post Functions allow updates either to Custom Fields OR a table value. I am looking for an automated way to update the table without a transition. I wasn't sure if there was a script that someone knew about or what.

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2020

I think you could open a ticket to their support asking for a documentation, probably they should have at least Rest API that you can use to manipulate the Lookup Table column

Italo Qualisoni [e-Core]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2020

I've tagged this post with their label addon-com.akelesconsulting.jira.plugins.lookupmanager

Sorry that I won't be able to help further this question

Todd Palermo July 6, 2020

Thanks for all your help! That is a great idea to tag them.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events