Looks like my Bonfire plugin is enabled, how do I start using Bonfire?

Edison Casado February 15, 2012

I look thru Admin / Issues / plugins and I see that Bonfire is enabled. how do i access bonfire?

9 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
NikE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

We might need to take a step back, the Bonfire plugin is going to be enabled in OnDemand instances, but it may not have a valid license. There is no instance tied directly to the email address you are using here, so this advice is my best guess. If you have an OnDemand instance, you need to add Bonfire onto your license. This is done by clicking on "configure" at https://my.atlassian.com and selecting Bonfire to add to your JIRA instance. +/- five minutes after you complete this addition, all the advice Andrew and Sean had sould be right on target.

If you have already added Bonfire to your license and/or any other number of reasons my suggestion could be wrong, I would recomend entering a support request (with all your account info) as there is likely an issue that we need to resolve.

0 votes
Daniel Geske June 14, 2012

My Chrome gave the error message:

Extensions, apps, and user scripts cannot be installed from this web site.

The workaround outlined in this article solved my installation problem.

You basically download the extension from your instance first, then open the extensions page in Chrome and drag the downloaded extension over the Chrome list to install it.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

Also, do you have something similar to the screenshot belo when you select Administration? If not you may need to get Atlassian Support to check your OnDemand instance for you.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2012

Ah ok, sorry. I think there have been some glitches with OnDemand. Can you download manually from <your-ondemand-url>/secure/GetBonfire.jspa ?

0 votes

Andrew, the UI link you provided previously, looks similiar but is not exact .. ie I do not see the "Test" selection on Jira, nor do I see install bonfire next to my name. So I have NOT been able to download the browser extension.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2012

If Bonfire is showing as enabled under Admin -> Issues Plugins then it should be installed properly and the way you access it is through the browser extensions.

Are you getting any error messages when trying to use the browser extensions?

Andrew.

0 votes

Perhaps i should have started with; How do assure that my Bonfire plugin is installed properly? The two answers provided thus far have not helped me ...

0 votes
Sean deBardelaben February 15, 2012

In JIRA click the down arrow next to your name and select "Install Bonfire." that should place the bonfire icon in your browser. (Differnet browsers will have it located in differnet places.) Then click on the icon to launch bonfire for the web page you are on....

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2012

Hi,

Next step would be to install the extension for your browser - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BONFIRE/Getting+Bonfire+for+your+browser

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events