• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Logic App passing Json field to create issue does not pass the value

I have created a logic app that calls a webhook from another support system and passes the call description to the 'Create a New issue' logic app function for Jira. The call description is successfully extracted in a parse json substep but when i pass that in to the desciption field (or any field) in the create new issue step it fails with the below:

{    "method""post",    "queries": {        "projectKey""PROJ01"    },    "path""/issue",    "host": {        "connection": {            "name""/subscriptions/0246d56c-bcff-4567-b8ad-90b69450b3c3/resourceGroups/LogicApps/providers/Microsoft.Web/connections/jira"        }    },    "body": {        "fields": {            "description"null,            "issuetype": {                "id""10004"            },            "summary"null        }    }}

If i hard code the text in the new issue step it passes the value through but wont seem to accept dynamic data. Has anyone expereinced this and can give me some pointers?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B Atlassian Team Dec 09, 2020

Hello @Clark Stalham ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand correctly:

1. you  are using Microsoft Azure Logic Apps to get data from another support system and then create an issue in Jira.
  2. everything works when you set the data to create the Jira ticket manually, but when you try to use the data received from the other system you get the provided error message.

Is this correct? 

If this is correct, then this seems to be something you should discuss in one of the below Microsoft forums more than here:

From my side, not knowing much about Microsoft Azure Logic Apps there is not much I can do to help other than saying that in the returned message the description and summary fields are null. You may want to add some extra logging to make sure the data is parsed and passed correctly to the create issue step.

Also, I have moved this question to the Marketplace Apps & Integrations section hoping that this way you have higher chances to get a reply.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Why you should move agile planning to Lucidspark’s digital whiteboard

During my 17 years as a coach, mentor, and trainer of Agile teams, I’ve participated in hundreds of Agile planning meetings. The end result was a wall of backlog items annotated by an explosion of co...

102 views 0 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you