Logic App passing Json field to create issue does not pass the value

Clark Stalham December 2, 2020

I have created a logic app that calls a webhook from another support system and passes the call description to the 'Create a New issue' logic app function for Jira. The call description is successfully extracted in a parse json substep but when i pass that in to the desciption field (or any field) in the create new issue step it fails with the below:

{    "method""post",    "queries": {        "projectKey""PROJ01"    },    "path""/issue",    "host": {        "connection": {            "name""/subscriptions/0246d56c-bcff-4567-b8ad-90b69450b3c3/resourceGroups/LogicApps/providers/Microsoft.Web/connections/jira"        }    },    "body": {        "fields": {            "description"null,            "issuetype": {                "id""10004"            },            "summary"null        }    }}

If i hard code the text in the new issue step it passes the value through but wont seem to accept dynamic data. Has anyone expereinced this and can give me some pointers?

1 answer

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hello @Clark Stalham ,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If I understand correctly:

1. you  are using Microsoft Azure Logic Apps to get data from another support system and then create an issue in Jira.
  2. everything works when you set the data to create the Jira ticket manually, but when you try to use the data received from the other system you get the provided error message.

Is this correct? 

If this is correct, then this seems to be something you should discuss in one of the below Microsoft forums more than here:

From my side, not knowing much about Microsoft Azure Logic Apps there is not much I can do to help other than saying that in the returned message the description and summary fields are null. You may want to add some extra logging to make sure the data is parsed and passed correctly to the create issue step.

Also, I have moved this question to the Marketplace Apps & Integrations section hoping that this way you have higher chances to get a reply.

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events