Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Log time by status in Tempo Timesheets

The ask

We are looking to create reports based on what phases of the SDLC our team members are logging their time under. Tempo Timesheets may be our saving grace but I'd like to first ask if anyone has been able to accomplish this using this plugin?

The challenge

Jira already has a status field however when logging time with our current plugin, Work Log Calendar, the ticket where the time being logged will be associated to the current status rendering our reports inaccurate as the ticket may have already moved to a different status thoughout the day. We don't want to force our development team to log their time immedaitely, rather we allow them to log their time at the end of the day for simplicity's sake.

With that said, Tempo timesheets appears to allow for the configuration of custom fields and I simply want to know if Jira's internal status field can be set by the user at the time of logging.

Tempo timesheet checklist

• Reporting engine
  • Export reports
  • Custom field configuration (but what about the status?)

4 answers

Hi Mikael,

Tempo Timesheet should allow you to log time on any Jira issue status unless there is settings that prevent users from doing it (ex. workflow property jira.permission.work.denied set to true).

As for reporting, Tempo report only includes certain Jira internal fields. However, there are options that can include Jira Custom Fields into exported report so you can export raw data and format the end result.

I hope this answers your questions.

Best regards,

Chih

Tempo Support

Tempo Timesheet should allow you to log time on any Jira issue status

Just to clarify, can the dialog where the time is logged be configured to allow for the selection of a status from the workflow when the underlying ticket is not on that status.

Ex.: Ticket 123 is currently marked as "Done" but at the time of logging my time I want to explicitly log time under the "Development" status

Thanks! 

Hi Mikael,

I'm not sure I've got your problem right, but Timesheet Reports and Gadgets or Time Reports has Pivot By Status report, displaying time and status issue was in when work was logged.

PivotByStatus.png

Thank you.

Hi Mikael,

In regard to your question about Tempo, I would like to notice that when you Log Work Done, you can specify Date Started, and chose time the issue was in desired status, so Pivot by Status will show you correct status, for logged hours.

Note, date started is also adjusted automatically basing on worked hours, so it may get into actual status by that time automatically.

Thank you.

Hi Mikael,

If you want to explicitly specify a status other than the status of issue, then you need "Worklog Attributes". Most timesheet apps has this feature, including WorklogPRO. What you need to do, is defining a new worklog attribute with type "single select" and adding all possible status to this attribute. At the time of worklog entry,  users will explicitly select the correct status. 

Hi Mikael,

As mentioned above a worklog is not tied to a JIra status in Tempo Timesheets. A workaround would be to add the issue status as worklog attribute which is not ideal from my point of view. 
The provided solution by @Andriy Zhdanov is probably the best (needs an additional add-on). 

A liitle bird also whispered to me that a report like this is possible with EazyBI in case you have that add-on available.

BR

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

290 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you