Lock Header Row in New Editing Experience

Gina Nace July 30, 2020

This seems like a simple formatting ask, but I can't seem a way to make it work. Is there anyway to lock the header row of a table in the new editing experience?

2 answers

4 votes
Katerina Rudkovskaya _Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 30, 2020

Hi @Gina Nace ,

You can freeze first N rows/columns with the help of the Table Filter macro of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app.

Wrap your table with Table Filter, s
witch to the Table View tab, specify the number of rows in Freeze first N rows  box.

2020-07-30_18h09_36.png2020-07-30_18h10_30.png

Best regards,
Katerina
Stiltsoft

Gina Nace July 30, 2020

My entire header how is not freezing in view mode - only in edit mode. I must be missing something.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2020

Hello @Gina Nace ,

Please try to set Table height as we have 600рх by default.
It can lead to the behaviour you have in the page view mode.

Best regards,
Katerina

ecoea August 10, 2022

@[deleted]

Does "Freeze first N columns" give a similar behavior to columns?

How can I turn "responsive" behavior off for a specific column(s)?

Marketplace Partner
August 11, 2022

Hi @ecoea,

Yes, it does.

Read this thread regarding the table width.

ecoea August 11, 2022

Thanks.

It is annoying to see a column with short content on with wide emptiness, and just next to it a column full of text but squeezed vertically spanned into many pages but with a narrow width.

It is good to have a fit-all to auto-sizing feature (i.e. Confluence Cloud), but there should be optional controls given to users on the formatting.

1 vote
Deborah Cabral April 18, 2023

Another way to solve it without any other app is by selecting the table, click in "Table options" and selecting "Header Row":

header row.PNG

Łukasz Chojecki
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2023

Header row works but Header column doesn't. 

Like María Sánchez likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events