Links on diagram are not working

Romain Lahore-Carraté July 26, 2019

Hi,

When I add links in a Graphity diagram on Confluence (6.12.1), nothing is clickable in the rendered diagram.

I checked in the diagram configuration:

- display format is "flash"

- "Enable Links" is checked

Am I missing something?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jens Böhm July 26, 2019

Hi Romain,

which version of Graphity for Confluence do you use? If the display format is 'flash', the problem could be an old version. In this case I would ask you to upgrade to 1.1.

Or could it be that you are referring to our (outdated) diagramming plugin Diagrams for Confluence, which is based on flash?

Best Regards,

Jens

Hi Jens,

We've just installed the evaluation version (I don't know which version it is).

I think "yWorks Diagrams for Confluence" is still installed on my Confluence, is it a problem?

I added some screenshots, I hope it'll help!

Romain

Hi Jens,

We've just installed the evaluation version (I don't know which version it is).

I think "yWorks Diagrams for Confluence" is still installed on my Confluence, is it a problem?

I added some screenshots, I hope it'll help!

Romain

graphiti.PNGlinks.PNGmacro.PNG

Fabian Schwarzkopf July 26, 2019

Hi Romain,

the fact that your Ydiagram macro still states 'Flash' in the 'Enable Links" description, shows that your Graphity for Confluence version is lower than 1.0.8.

This text was changed with Graphity for Confluence 1.0.8 while the latest version is 1.1.

Please try to update Graphity for Confluence to version 1.1 (there are no compatibility concerns). There have been many bugfixes (including some that relate to embedded links) and many new features.

In fact, the link embedding itself has been overhauled with a dedicated link picker to easily embed confluence links or attachments (see the 'Integrated linking of Confluence pages' image in the slideshow on https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219751/graphity-diagram-editor-for-confluence).

Best regards,
Fabian

Fabian Schwarzkopf July 26, 2019

Hi Romain,

I've just noticed that the screenshot of your Graphity application looks like it is the most recent version (1.1), indicated by the settings icon beside the URL input field.

You should disable the 'yWorks Diagrams for Confluence' plugin.

Graphity for Confluence is designed as a replacement for 'yWorks Diagrams for Confluence' and uses the same macro key. Therefore it will replace the macros of the old plugin in order to provide a seamless transition to Graphity for Confluence.

So having both plugins active will result in unexpected side effects.

Best regards,
Fabian

Romain Lahore-Carraté July 29, 2019

Hi Fabian,

That's what I suspected.
I'll ask my Confluence admin to disable yWorks.

Romain

Romain Lahore-Carraté July 29, 2019

With yWorks disabled Graphity is working fine.

Thanks for the answer!

Romain

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events