Link in E-Mail sent by IFTTT to open an entry for editing

Sándor Szauer September 11, 2022

Hello Guys,

I created a workflow via Confiforms which sends E-Mail to users if a new entry has been created. All entry has a ticket number stored by recordId field. Is it somehow possible to have a link in the E-Mail body which opens my ticket for editing? 

I can only have a link to the page where the form is stored and users have to search their entries / tickets.

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  I hope you can help. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Sándor

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2022

Hi @Sándor Szauer 

You can create links as shown in our docs 

https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+links+to+filter+views+from+request+parameters+-+url

but this will only work for server/data center version of ConfiForms app

This is not possible in Confluence cloud due to architectural differences on how plugins/apps work in these environments 

Alex

Sándor Szauer September 12, 2022

Hi Alex, 

thanks for your response. "Unfortunately" we use cloud version. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Thanks for confirming

We will look into supporting this on cloud, but the possibilities (of the platform) are very limited in contrast to server/dc

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2022

We have had a quick discussion within a team and figured out that we can support the same patterns as we have for server/dc - https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Creating+links+to+filter+views+from+request+parameters+-+url

So, you should be able to craft the link to filter the "view" macro from URL parameters as shown in the tutorial on our wiki

Stay tuned - we plan to have this ready by the end of this week

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events