Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Link Confulence pages to Insight Objects

Hi all!

I'm currently in the process of implementing Insight Asset Management (Jira Cloud) as the CMDB solution for my Company.

It's all going well so far, but one thing seems to elude me and I can't seem to find answers anywhere; in official docs or community posts.

Quite simply, my definition of a CMDB includes the linking of a suitable knowledge base and the ability to link individual standard operating procedures etc to Configuration Items. My go-to for this was Confulence, seeing how it's in the same suite of software.

When defining schemas for objects I can't seem to find any way to have Confulence pages as an attribute.

The docs here - https://documentation.mindville.com/insight/latest/object-type-attributes-33467203.html - state that for the Confulence attribute to appear you require an application link setup between Jira and Confulence... which we have.

image.png

Yet under the "Default" available attributes for an object in Insight "Confulence" doesn't appear as an option.

image.png

Any thoughts?

1 answer

Hi @Ben_Clark ,

In Attributes tab, under the Type column you can find Confluence, and in Type Value column choose you confluence site.

ins.jpg

Hi @Parvaneh Zand ,

Thanks for the response!

Sadly, these are the only attribute types I can see:

image.png

I can't help but feel like there's an important setup step I've missed somewhere that's preventing this from appearing.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

203 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you