Json importer - paginated REST endpoint

Joachim Bollen [ACA IT] October 2, 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to do an import in Insight via calling a REST endpoint with the json importer. This works fine, but unfortunately, the response is paginated (50 items per page), where the total is over 3000 items. The total number of items is available in the response, and with a "start"-parameter added to the url we can get the next page.

Is there a way to let Insight loop over the multiple pages, or do I have to configure a separate import for each page?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zihni Saglam October 15, 2018

Hi Joachim

Unfortunately there is no way to loop over multiple pages. Question, is it possible to make sure there is an "unlimited" parameter on the Endpoint, or to create another Import type for the same Data?
Maybe create a small application to extract all the JSON info and consolidate it into a File which can be imported? Or even a DB Import?

Joachim Bollen [ACA IT] October 16, 2018

Hi Zihni,

I've found an alternative endpoint to get the full data for this request, but unfortunately this is not always possible. 

Creating a small application to concatenate this data is a possibility, but I was hoping that Insight could do it without this app...

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events