Jira set up prior to connecting to Big Picture?

Susan Baker April 23, 2020

Hi, my company is looking to utilize Big Picture with a team that is just migrating onto Jira. Is there somewhere that I can find requirements or best practices for how I should set up their Projects, Stories, etc. in Jira to work best with Big Picture? 

For example, are there certain criteria that need to be included in the Story or Task such as an End Date in order for the Gantt/SAF features to work properly?

Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Mateusz Sołowianiuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2020

Hi @Susan Baker 

First of all, thank you for taking interest in using our product!

The resources provided by @Daniel Ebers are indeed a good starting point to get to know the basics of BigPicture.

In addition, I encourage you to join our webinars followed by Q&A sessions. Our customers find them informative, especially taking into consideration the possibility to interact with our experts. 

Last but not least, if you face issues or doubts that are not answered in the documentation, you are always welcome to raise a request via our Service Desk. 

I hope that this is satisfactory. 

Best regards,

Mateusz Sołowianiuk

SoftwarePlant Support

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2020

Hi Susan,

welcome to Atlassian Community!

In case you haven't seen already the resources on SoftwarePlant's page I'd recommend you to watch some of their content. It helped me to grasp some basics about the implementation.

https://softwareplant.com/jira-bigpicture-tutorial/
https://wiki.softwareplant.com/display/DOCUMENTATION/Quick+start+with+BigPicture

Maybe some other users around here are able to catch up on the remaining questions. Most times plenty of people are here ready to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events