Jira plugin Issue Alternative Assignee for 7.8

Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2018

Hi all,

There was a free plugin called "Issue Alternative Assignee".  This is a free plugin, but unfortunately for us has been made part of our infrastructure.  It creates a new field for use that allows people to select users from a role instead of the entire gambit of users.

We need to upgrade and if we do we lose this plugin, as it only supports up to 7.4.6 and I cannot get word to see if this is just a lapse or it is no longer being supported.

I am looking for a way out of this.   Currently we have about 20 projects with some having more than 25,000 issues, and 4 fields that were created with IAA

I was thinking using bulk tools I can (unfortunately only 1000 at a time) go in a create a new user field and copy the value from the old IAA field to the newly created one, but that will take quite some time and effort.

The only other thing I could think of was somehow to use the cli and a script, but I am not thrilled about that solution either.  

If anyone has any other thoughts, or a paid for plugin that provides the same functionality that would be much appreciated.  

Thanks,

Robert

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert G. Nadon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2018

So what I did was to go into all the projects, and all the workflows (as I had validators specifically referring to the problem fields) , and all the screen schemes, and all the fields schemes and replace the existing 4 fields with Jira standard ones through bulk transition with a copy field from the JSU plugin for each status.    This took some time but appears to have worked.  I then went in and disabled IAA and so far I have not heard any complaints.  So that is the solution.  A lot of effort but in the end doable!

cklee720 December 26, 2019

We check run into the same issue, but this solution will not work for our 40,000 issues. Is there a alternate way so far since 2018?  I appreciate any suggestions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events