It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira custom-fields not visible in Power BI

Nitin Gupta Jun 12, 2018

I am not able to see all custom fields in the Power BI workspace.

Can someone help me to enable viewing custom-fields from Jira into Power BI Reports/Dashboard.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Jun 13, 2018

If you can't see a field, then your Power BI data dictionary is incomplete.  You will need to work through every field you want to see on there, work out how it is stored and used in Jira and build the SQL to get what you want

As SQL is the worst possible way to query Jira, this is going to be complex, slow and inefficient for you, as well as potentially needing a change every time someone reconfigures something, and major overhauls on upgrade.  Because the SQL is usually inefficent and poor, you should never connect to the production database, and only every connect to a replicated copy, so you at least offload the worst of the resource problems to a non-production server.

Anyway.  If you insist on using it.  What are the missing fields?

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Join our webinar: “Asset Management: The Role of Context in ITSM” with Atlassian & Riada

Hi Atlassian Community! This is Teresa from the Jira Service Desk team. On June 19th, I’ll be hosting a webinar “Asset Management: The Role of Context in ITSM” with Atlassian Partne...

175 views 2 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you