Jira automation- set time remaining to 0 when closing a subtask

yinon.eitan January 5, 2022

Hey, 

there is some way to set up a rule in the Jira automation that will change the time remaining to 0 when closing a subtask? 

I tried a rule like: 

When: issue transition to 'closed' then edit issue fields Original Estimate/Remaining Estimate to 0

and advanced setting like - 

{
"fields": {
"timetracking": {
"originalEstimate": "10m"
}
}
}

But it didn't work and got this error

EDIT ISSUE
Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored -
Time tracking (timetracking)
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project):
AT-9999

Thanks in advance

1 answer

0 votes
Florian PEREZ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hello, 

Is there a specific reason you want to use automation instead of a postfunction?

I think you should consider looking into adding a postfunction in the closing transition that set the field value to want you want!  

Give it a try a give us some news!  

yinon.eitan January 8, 2022

Hey 

Thank you for your answer, I wasn't familiar with post-function in the workflows, but I did give it a try and it worked so thanks for that. 

Correct me if I'm wrong' but adding a post-function to the workflow will affect every project that uses this workflow no?

I don't want to affect other projects and it would be nice to know how to do it in the automation rules anyway.

Thanks again 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events