Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Workflow Toolbox - sum with nested expression on linked issues

Hi All,

I know that Jira Workflow Toolbox has a capability to define custom field as calculated math function. Moreover this function can operate on a list of linked issues e.g.:

sum(fieldValue({16901}, linkedIssues()))

But I cannot find a way to define such calculated field as nested match expression operating on selected 2 fields of lined issues e.g.:

sum(fieldValue({16901}, linkedIssues())* fieldValue({16902}, linkedIssues()))

I need it to calculate total spending as as sum of (cost * rate) of all linked issues.

Is there any way to workaround that ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi @KM ,

and welcome to the 'parser zone'. :)

Your scenario is actually rather easy using the mathOnIssueList() function.

If you can ensure that cost and rate are always set on your linked issues, you can use:

sum(mathOnIssueList(linkedIssues(), ^{16901} * ^{16902}))

The failsafe approach would read:

sum(mathOnIssueList(linkedIssues(), (^{16901} != null AND ^{16902} != null) ? ^{16901} * ^{16902} : 0))

The second expression calculates the multiplication only for issues in which both values (cost and rate) are set and otherwise includes 0 in the total for this issue.

Cheers
Thorsten

Awesome. Tnx for your help.

KM

You're welcome. Just as an additional note: if my explanation solved your problem, could you please mark the answer as correct?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

260 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you