Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira Structure Formula User (Assignee) Full Name

I defined a formula in Jira Structure as follows:

CASE(issuetype, 'Sub-task' , assignee,'' )

In words: If the issuetype of current issue is Sub-task I want to display the assignee.

The Problem is that the usertag is displayed and not the full name.

Is there a possibility to display the full name of the assignee in the formula?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Max,

There is a trick, that can let you retrieve the full name. Not very elegant, but it should work. The formula should be as follows:

with v_ind=SEARCH('link">', assignee)+5:
with v_start=SEARCH('">', assignee, v_ind)+1:
with v_end=SEARCH("</a>", assignee)-1:
with v_assignee=SUBSTRING(assignee, v_start, v_end):
CASE(issuetype, 'Sub-task' , v_assignee,'' )

One more thing, assignee variable below formula needs to be changed to Manual Specification, which should be modified to {"id":"assignee","format":"html"} from {"id":"assignee","format":"text"}

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

Perfect THX!

Is there a special docu for stuff like this?

Hi @Max 

This is more of a trick than a normal solution, so there is no docs. We hope to introduce a more comfortable solution to this kind of thing in the future.

Regards,

Egor

Like Max likes this

Hi @Egor Tasa _ALM Works_ ,

I've used your formula and it works perfectly for us. But while grouping the issues, is there any way where I can display the aggregation of usernames in the grouped field?

My Use Case:

I'm displaying Product owner names in structure and grouping the issues based on Teams (custom field). Aggregation of all the Product owner names should roll up to the Teams field.

Thanks,

Poojaa

Hi Poojaa,

If I understand the described requirement correctly, then when you group by Team field, you can add a formula 

JOIN#subtree#distinct{SUBSTRING(assignee, SEARCH('">', assignee, SEARCH('link">', assignee)+5)+1, SEARCH("</a>", assignee)-1)}

Cannot use variables here because of aggregate construct, though.

If your requirement is grouping when multiple users can be assigned to a single field, then this cannot be solved at the moment, as formulas cannot yet work with lists (we are planning to introduce it soon).

Regards,

Egor

Thanks @Egor Tasa _ALM Works_ ,

This worked for me.

Regards,

Poojaa

Like Egor Tasa _ALM Works_ likes this

I have forgotten that in Structure 6.0 one can use USER_NAME(user) function instead of having to modify format and parse results.

So for instance latest formula will be much more simple

JOIN#subtree#distinct{USER_DISPLAY_NAME(assignee)}

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

249 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you