Jira Service Mgmt requests being handled on project boards best practices?

Krystal Thompson May 25, 2021

Currently, my organization has Jira Service Mgmt and when request come in that need development work we link the tickets to corresponding project boards for developers. What is the best way to communicate to the customer on the original Service Desk ticket. Right now I have automation set up to transition the service desk ticket throughout the workflow. Another issue we are facing is when we run reporting for the org we are getting duplicate issues (1 from Desk and 1 from the corresponding project board). What are some of the best practices for this type of use case. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2021

@Krystal Thompson 

Great question.  I believe that this is something everyone struggles with.  As far as best practices go the products are set up to integrate well together.  Automating the communications/notifications to the customer as much as possible is the best way to go.  It sounds like you have this in place.  Ensuring proper monitoring and reporting of work is also important and it sounds like this is what you are struggling with a little bit.  I would just ensure that you have a solid process in place which it sounds like you do.  I would adjust your reporting so you are properly reporting on all the information.  You may have to have certain request types or issue types to help distinguish the work and properly report on it.  I really think you have everything setup well and to what one might call best practices.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events