Jira Service Desk to Jira Software

Mark Toledo August 26, 2021

Hi Guys,

How can I linked a queue from Jira Service Desk to Jira Software Project with Similar Key?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2021

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry, but I do not understand the question.

A queue is an ordered list of issues.  I do not understand what you want from a "link from a queue to a project".  I am also stuck on what you mean by "with similar key" - is that about two projects having similar keys or about the queue having a similar key?  And how do you define "similar"?

Mark Toledo August 28, 2021

image.png

Thank you Nic! :) 

For this example please a queue is raised in JIRA Service Project and then I created a rule to automatically create an issue in JIRA Software. However the Key is not similar and also what I'm planning to do is like whatever is changed, logged, amended to either JIRA Service Project or Jira Software should be reflected to each other.

Hope this makes more sense now :) 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2021

Yes, that's very clear, thank you for explaining!

The keys are not "similar" because the issues are in different projects.  Issues take their key from their project, and project keys are unique.

This also explains why there is no "reflection" - the issues are separate issues.   You would need to create some code, scripting or automation to synchronise the issues, if you want to implement any reflection of changes.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events