Jira Service Desk / Bigpicture Gantt error log - how to know which task is the problem

Robin Raben January 6, 2021

BigPicture Gantt and Resources view ends up with a big red box pointing to an error log. 

This line seems to indicate a particular task is the problem. 

2021-01-06 14:58:57.897 [SP-bigpicture-0000000.StructureSyncSingleJobExecutor-393756-lock-name-bigpicture.0000000.wbsId:4] WARN com.softwareplant.ppm.task.infrastructure.TaskAnemiaFacadeImpl - there is no end date for task RemoteTask[id=747, extPlatformTaskCombinedId=2@@1@17901, extPlatformTask=com.softwareplant.extplatform.task.api.ExtPlatformTask@3e0197d9]

How do I know which task this is related to?

1 answer

0 votes
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 7, 2021

Hello @Robin Raben

Would you please be able to confirm if you still face problems with your plugin? If so, please provide more details (preferably supported by screenshots and har file) so that we are able to further investigate the issue.

Please remember to raise a ticket via our Service Desk for future reference. We will investigate your case individually. 

Anna,
SoftwarePlant Support

Robin Raben January 7, 2021

We have resolved the problem by removing a sub-task that causes the error message to show.

At first glance, the log file had warnings of a task missing an end date (see above). So with some deduction I found any task that had an EMPTY end date and manually removed it from the portfolio. This led me to determine it was one sub-task causing the problem.

I added an end date and no longer was receiving the error box. Instead the portfolio seemed to go into an infinite loop of reloading itself (I saw the spinning circle counting from 0 - 100% over and over). So I manually removed the sub-task from the portfolio.

When I look at the history of the task I saw that right around the time the error first appeared in the log (Dec 14) there was a change to the start date and it appeared as if the end date was left to be earlier than the start date:

jiradates.JPG

Since I've fixed the dates the error box no longer appears. I assume that means that I cannot get a har file to share with you since now the problem is that the screen never finished loading. 

Here is a link to the all the log files. https://drive.google.com/file/d/195Gn2Y2YTEis1nPi5jQW1frpz0E5cJ7K/view?usp=sharing 

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide to help. Appreciate your support!

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 8, 2021

Hello @Robin Raben

I am glad that the problem was resolved. Our Dev Team has reviewed attached log files, and unfortunately, we couldn’t find any information about the cause of the issue.
The har file is necessary for further investigation. If the problem occurs again, please remember about uploading the har file and sharing it with our Technical Support.

Meanwhile, our QA Team tries to reproduce the problem. I will keep you updated.

Best,
Anna

Robin Raben January 8, 2021

Thank you

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
January 11, 2021

Hello @Robin Raben

We have reviewed your logs, and the problem that you experienced is a very individual case.
Please raise the ticket via our Service Desk for future reference. We will ask you to send more data that may be sensitive data for your company. Moreover, we are going to engage our Dev Team in further investigation and communication via support ticket will facilitate information exchange between various Teams in our company.

Best,
Anna
SoftwarePlant

pamela_ng December 12, 2023

Apparently I'm having the same issue and am going to raise a support ticket. Thus I don't believe this is an individual case.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events