Jira Service Desk - Automation - how can I add any rule?

Julia T July 3, 2020

Hello,

I have two projects in Jira Service Desk. First project has automation rules, but for second one it is not possible to create any rule.

I had idea that the reason of that problem might be absent of default user but I also can't add default user for that action for second project.

How can I fix it and add automation rules for my second project?

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 15.45.26.png

Thank you in advance

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Hi Julia,

Are you using Server or Jira Cloud?

Julia T July 9, 2020

Hi, John

Server

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2020

Was afraid of that, haha, as I use Cloud.

Do you have the actual Automation For Jira add-on? Or are you just using the internal JSD Automation?

Julia T July 9, 2020

Using internal automation. Actually I created rules for my first project and couldn't create for my second one.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 9, 2020

I am not familiar with the internal one, just Automation For Jira, but I think they are somewhat related. What kind of error are you getting when creating the second one?

Julia T July 9, 2020

Screenshot 2020-07-09 at 21.37.03.png

There is no error shown, but I see response from server - 400 when I try to save rule 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 10, 2020

Since you are getting a 400 error, I would submit a support ticket with Atlassian:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events