Jira Server for Slack - "Oops, we couldn't communicate successfully with your app."

virtualdxs February 1, 2019

Jira is saying it's connected to Slack fine, and I got a message from Jira Server via slackbot - "Hey there! Thank you for connecting your Slack team to Company Name Jira. Now you can start managing notifications in the admin configuration page.". The only issue is that https://api.slack.com/apps/custom-install/XXXXXXXX?edit=true is saying "Oops, we couldn't communicate successfully with your app. Please check that your web address is entered correctly, and that you've configured your software with the credentials below.". How do I fix this?

3 answers

2 votes
knDominic March 28, 2019

Hey. Same problem here — in our Slack workspace we successfully receive notifications from JIRA but we can't finish configuration on Slack side due to mentioned problem. Any suggestions?

0 votes
Syed Khwaja Moinuddin May 20, 2021

HI Akmal,

I did what you said, but still I get the same error while submitting the configuration page, any inputs?

-Syed KM

0 votes
Akmal Harith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 22, 2019

Hi!

I similarly ran into this issue when setting up a test integration. I've got it resolved by confirming the Slack connection from Jira. Go to ⚙ > Applications > Integrations > Slack > Confirm access to your Slack account

Akmal

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events