Jira Server for Slack: Enabling dedicated channel functionality to selective projects.

John Dorapalli June 4, 2019

Can we enable slack dedicated channel functionality for specific projects?

We do not want to enable it for all the projects. Is that possible?ScreenHunter_1174 Jun. 04 10.40.jpg

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hi @John Dorapalli,

At this time, the integration does not support per-project configuration for the sidebar. It does support at the global level only:

Advanced Settings - PI Jira 2019-06-18 17-15-18.png

However, I've created a ticket with a suggestion to add the per-project configuration in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/API-119. There you can vote and watch for news.

Anthony B February 22, 2021

Hi @Luiz Silva I can see that this feature is now enabled, which is great, but can I please check the functionality?  It would appear if I only want one project to have the Slack integration, I must;

1. Enable the sidebar from the global app settings page in Jira Applications
  2. Disable the sidebar from the project settings page for all projects except for the one I want it on

Is this correct?  If so can I request that the checkbox on the project settings allows you to do the opposite of what is selected at the global level?  We have hundreds of projects and only one needs the Slack integration.  It is too much effort to manually disable the slack panel on all but one of our projects.

This way we would be able to disable the sidebar globally and then just go into the project settings for the one relevant project and enable the sidebar.

Another solution could be to simply apply the global setting only to those projects that have been setup to integrate with slack in the Applications admin page.  It seems unnecessary to be showing the Slack sidebar in a project that has not been hooked up to a Slack channel

I'm also adding this as a comment to the ticket you linked above - not sure which one you might read first :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events