Jira - Plugin/Way to add required user approvals for Workflow transitions

Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Hello Community,

I have run into a functionality issue I would like to implement in Jira and I am hoping someone could lend me a hand trying to figure it out.

I am attempting to add required user approvals for certain workflow transitions.

In other words, I would like it so an issue cannot be transitioned to a certain status unless a specified users approves the issue.

I ran across a plugin from InTENSO named Approval. It almost fulfilled all my needs except that in order to add who needs to approve the issue to transition you need to be an admin and modify a configuration for that issues workflow.

I am looking for the same type of plugin with the difference that a specific person in a role can add who needs to approve the issue in the issue edit screen. 

In my case, every issue will need different approvals before it cant be transitioned.

For one issue it could need users peter and molly to approve in another issue it could need for users Brandon and Jessica to approve. Both these issues sharing the same workflow.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Roberto

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Roberto L
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

Community,

Update:

Did not find any solutions online so I had to develop my own plugin.

-Roberto

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events