Jira Plugin Upgrade

Tapas Mondal September 27, 2012

Dear All,

I have developed a Jira Plugin on 4.3.4 version. Now I want to upgrade my plugin on 5.x.

Could you help me someone how should I start.

One more question can I develop both the plugin in same PC.

With Regards,

Tapas

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2012

Developing it on the same machine is more a question for how you do your version control - you're going to need different files for it, but I'd simply make sure I've got "latest release version for 4.3.4" tagged/labelled/whatever and then just launch into the work for v5.x in the same place.

We don't know your development environment or how you wrote your pluging, so everything else is a bit fuzzy, but, assuming that you have tagged as above, and that you are using the Atlassian SDK, all you need to do is

1. Amend the pom.xml to point at Jira 5.x
  2. Run atlas-clean to hoover out the older test installations
  3. Open the plugin in an IDE and check and fix the dependencies and API stuff it tells you have changed
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

Hi,

FYI, Your answer got posted twice for some reason.

Tapas Mondal September 27, 2012

(pom.txt)

Thanks for your response. I am attaching my pom.xml. getting error:

"Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM com.atlassian.jira.plugins:atlassian-jira-rpc-parent:5.0.6 for com.kovair.jira.plugins:kovair-jira-plugin:1.0.1: Failed to resolve POM for
com.atlassian.jira.plugins:atlassian-jira-rpc-parent:5.0.6 due to Missing: ---------- 1) com.atlassian.jira.plugins:atlassian-jira-rpc-parent:pom:5.0.6 ---------- 1 required artifact is
missing. for artifact: com.atlassian.jira.plugins:atlassian-jira-rpc-parent:pom:5.0.6 from the specified remote repositories: central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true,
snapshots=false)"

please help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2012

I'm afraid I'm a bit stuck on that one - I don't know whether that dependency should exist at all, or why it's not resolvable.

I'm really not an expert on pom.xml files, but when I've been stuck upgrading a plugin, I've used atlas-create-jira-plugin to create an empty skeleton plugin somewhere else, moved my old pom.xml out somewhere safe, and put the newly created skeleton pom.xml in place. Then built it up piece by piece by referring to the old one. That should at least narrow down where the error is coming from (but I still suspect the rpc parent it's looking for simply isn't there)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 27, 2012

Developing it on the same machine is more a question for how you do your version control - you're going to need different files for it, but I'd simply make sure I've got "latest release version for 4.3.4" tagged/labelled/whatever and then just launch into the work for v5.x in the same place.

We don't know your development environment or how you wrote your pluging, so everything else is a bit fuzzy, but, assuming that you have tagged as above, and that you are using the Atlassian SDK, all you need to do is

1. Amend the pom.xml to point at Jira 5.x
  2. Run atlas-clean to hoover out the older test installations
  3. Open the plugin in an IDE and check and fix the dependencies and API stuff it tells you have changed

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events