Jira Issue Keys in EazyBI Table Matrix

Adam Schordine September 13, 2022

Hello all. I am trying to make an EazyBI report very similar to the one found in the below community question, but I'm showing issue Components in the report rows and Labels in the columns:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Issue-rating-for-Jira-matrix-view/qaq-p/862810

However, instead of showing the Issues Created count in the table, I want to show the Jira Issue Key(s).

I have created a new calculated measure for the issue keys as

[Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key

but, when I use that calculated measure, the entire table fills with zeros (0). If I add the Issue dimension to my report rows, so my Jira issues are shown in the rows, then the entire table is filled with the Issue Keys rather than only the cells that cross-reference the appropriate component and label for the issue's data.

Am I using the wrong calculated measure syntax to accomplish what I want or is EazyBI not able to display exactly what I'm looking for?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2022

Hi @Adam Schordine ,
Yes, this is expected behavior that issue property ([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Key) is shown in the report only when the Issue itself is visible. If you want to see the issues behind the number, I highly recommend using the option "Drill through issues":
eazybi_drill_through_issues.jpeg
 There is an option to create a calculated member using Generate() function, but the end result can be a report with poor performance as you need to iterate through all issues. And the end result can be hard to overview as there can be an unknown amount of issue keys per cell. 

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

Adam Schordine September 19, 2022

Thank you very much for the explanation, Gerda. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events