Jira Hangouts Chat bot by Linovi missing from Marketplace

Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2020

Hello,

We are using a hangouts chat bot for Jira made by Linovi.  I have discovered that the bot has been removed from Atlassian Marketplace. What is the reason behind that? 

We trust that apps from marketplace are validated and approved by Atlassian in some way and have some doubts now when using the bot.

Regards,

Piotr

12 answers

3 votes
Chris Edwards May 12, 2020

Any update on this? Looking to add it to our instance too.

2 votes
Patricio Ponce November 19, 2020

Hi all, 

After a while we figured that using Google Chat webhooks and Jira automation rules we get the same result as before. Actually, we have more control than we used to.

A bit of details to help whoever uses this solution:

1. create a webhook for your Google Chat Room (GCR)
  2. In Jira automation rule settings -> Create a new rule and set general configurations (scope and "when")
  3. Set "then" to "send web request"
    1. paste the GCR webhook URL
    2. content-type = application/json
    3. POST
    4. custom data

{
      "text": "<users/all> There's a new issue in the system *has arrived*!\nMake sure to provide the first response ASAP <{{issue.url}}|{{issue.key}}>"
      }

That's basically it. As you can see, you can use Jira's smart values

Customize your alerts the way you want! 

Image represents an earlier test using the custom data above

Selection_999(087).png

Shivani Umale July 9, 2021

hi @Patricio Ponce 

Can we do this without using the automation rules? Actually we have same requirements but the send we request component is available in pro automation rule(that is paid) so we cant go with automation. Do we have any other solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

2 votes
Alan Fregtman June 22, 2020

+1!

Bot still "works" for me (well, it sends me notifications) but it won't let me edit any settings anymore. My peers can't set it up for themselves though; setup is broken.

Shame it disappeared! :( It was very handy.

2 votes
Charles Williams May 15, 2020

We are also looking to add this bot to Google Chat

2 votes
Wolfgang Demeter May 13, 2020

Any news on the missing Marketplace app for Jira bot in Google Chat?

1 vote
Patricio Ponce June 10, 2020

Good day @Piotr Bojko !

I don't think you will get an answer from Atlassian or Linovi anytime soon :( 

We've been using this bot for more or less a year already and started having issues in the last couple of months. The bot still works on most of our Chat rooms. But not all the time. We miss notification and it causes lot of issues internally!

We contacted Atlassian about this a while ago and they told us that they can't do anything since the bot was developed by Linovi.

We also contacted them but never got an answer.

Side note: the bot disappeared from Atlassian marketplace but is still available in Google Chat's bot catalog (weird). However, I don't suggest using it anymore.

If anyone finds a good alternative, share it!

1 vote
Houssein Barkallah June 1, 2020

Same issue here,
I needed to reset the bot, was not working properly,

now I can't install it again.

1 vote
Sérgio_Rebelo May 27, 2020

+1!

We also need the app!

1 vote
Allan Thompson May 22, 2020

We're having the same issue.

0 votes
Piotr Bojko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2020

Hi all,

Though the Hangouts Chat Bot for @[deleted] works now and it is listed on Marketplace we are considering to build our own comercial bot.

See more details here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Jira-Cloud-support-in-Atlas-Google-Chat-bot/td-p/1536456. 

Short story - we already have a bot called @Atlas  for Bitbucket and we are thinking to extend it for Jira Cloud.

Regards,

Piotr

0 votes
mayur shetye June 24, 2020

Do we have any other app from any other vendor which can serve this purpose ?

0 votes
Frank Oosterling June 23, 2020

+1!

Need this app as well

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events