Jira Cloud in Microsoft Teams shows "The service is unavailable."

Florian Schlüter January 7, 2021

Since this morning when I try to open tabs like "Assigned to me", "Reported by me", "Watched by me" and "My filters" in the Jira App for MS Teams I get following error "The service is unavailable.".

Only the "Chat" and the "Info" tabs work. The Jira bot doesn't seem to do anything when I enter commands in the chat.

I get displayed the following screen :

image.png

Does anyone have an idea about how to resolve this ?

2 answers

3 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Hi @Florian Schlüter ,

You don't seem to be the only one. I'm seeing more reports about this.

Most likely something general going on.

Valgeir Sigurðsson January 7, 2021

I was having a similar issue yesterday. I tried uninstalling the app from Jira... now I cannot install the app at all.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Has anyone considered opening a call for this with Atlassian Support?

https://support.atlassian.com/contact just to verify whether this is on their end or with Microsoft?

For good measure I've created one myself. Pending feedback.

Cornelius Maximen January 7, 2021

Also experiencing the same issue. 

I've logged a ticket with Atlassian, the App is developed by them. This should be a high priority as its an essential service. 

Valgeir Sigurðsson January 7, 2021

Yup, logged a ticket as well.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2021

Got a reply from them

I understand that you are facing issues with the MS Teams app for Jira cloud.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused due to this issue. We are able to reproduce the issue on our end and our development teams are actively working on this incident and resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

Hans De Proft January 7, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans also got the same answer from my ticket to Atlassian.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2021

@Florian Schlüter seems to be up and running again.

Any chance you can give it another shot?

Florian Schlüter January 8, 2021

@Dirk Ronsmans It seems to be up and running again. Thanks for your help.

0 votes
Hans De Proft January 7, 2021

@Florian Schlüter  same issue here.
Also the JIRA (chat) doesn't work.

teamsjira.JPG

Florian Schlüter January 7, 2021

I had the same error message while trying to create an issue from a Teams chat with a coworker. After that I opened the Jira app for Teams and got the error message as shown in the screenshot of my first post. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events