Jira Cloud - how to find stories without subtasks

Paweł Jakimiak April 2, 2020

Hello,

I'm trying to find stories without subtask using Scriptrunner Enhanced Search by this query:

not issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = ilab and issuetype = story") and project = ilab and issuetype = story

but query returns stories from this project with and without subtasks.

Please tell me what I doing wrong.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2020

Hi Pawel,

Thank you for your question.

I can confirm that ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud provides the parentsOf() JQL function as described in the documentation page here which is designed to search for parent issues which match a certain query.

You will be able to use this function in order to look to create a query which matches your requirement of finding all parent issues of a certain issue type that do not have any sub tasks.

I have found the community article located here which explains how to do this and based on this an example of how to find all parent issues of a certain issue type without a certain type of subtask I have created a knowledge base article located here which explains how to find all story issues with no subtasks.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Paweł Jakimiak April 3, 2020

Thank you very much Kristian. I though that I can use only issue key as argument of parentsOf() JQL function.
Now query return needed issues.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events