Jira Cloud for Outlook plugin not sending mail to issue

David January 27, 2020

The official Atlassian Jira Cloud for Outlook plugin is malfunctioning and isn't sending email content to an issue in Jira. This has been the case since Friday 1/24/20 but I haven't seen anyone mention this yet.

The issue is confirmed by multiple users (but only within our instance of Jira cloud).

Any guidance on this? Is it a known issue that's being fixed or should we do something to remedy this?

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
David February 21, 2020

Apologies for the late update, but the plugin appears to work now.

The "Include Email" option (checkbox) attaches the email as an attachment to the issue. It no longer adds it as a comment as it previously did, which is fine (it does what it says it will do, albeit differently).

The "Add a Comment" option (checkbox) open a dialog for addinf a comment. Selecting the "Paste email contents" hyperlink at bottom of comment dialog overwrites anything the user may have entered with the full email contents. That's a separate issue I think (the overwriting vs appending "feature"), which may frustrate users who enter significant comments and don't expect that behavior. Nonetheless, I consider this specific issue resolved. Thank you.

Vitalii Saienko
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2020

Appending an email content instead of overwriting it is reasonable. We will take a look at what we can do there. But for those who entered significant comment and erased it by clicking on "Paste email contents", you can redo it using Ctrl+Z/Cmd+Z shortcut.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2020

Hey @David - If something is broken, you should submit a support ticket directly with Atlassian here:

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Thanks!

David January 27, 2020

Thank you!

Sam Borman January 27, 2020

Hi @David ,

Are you talking about an email being attached to an issue via the Outlook Plugin for Jira, using the "Send to Issue" option?

I have added some screen shots from testing an issue to see if you can confirm if this is the issue you are noticing. Even though it says email attached, no email ever gets attached to the issue. 

Send to Issue.pngEmail Attached.png

David January 27, 2020

Yes, this is exactly the issue. It appears to work but does not. It seemed to begin malfunctioning on Thu 1/23/20 or Fri 1/24/20. Thanks.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2020

@David  - Were you able to submit a support ticket and get feedback?

Sam Borman February 7, 2020

@David ,

Did you find any fix for this? I am tested again and the issue remains. The plug-in appears to work, but the email is never added as an attachment.

-Sam

Justin Ingebretson February 7, 2020

@David , @Sam Borman 

+1 Issue still exists

In order to get the email to come over to the Issue you must use the "Add a comment" and then click "Paste email contents" current state.

Ideally, checking the "Include email" checkbox would bring the email body over to the Jira Issue as a comment!

Let me know if I can help at all!

Best,

Justin

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events