Jira Cloud for Outlook - how to download for offline install?

Matt Wilkie September 9, 2021

I can't install the "Jira Cloud for Outlook (Official)" app.  I went to  https://store.office.com/jira-cloud-for-outlook-official-WA200000056.aspx?assetid=WA200000056 and used "get it now". I was prompted to log in to our Office 365 organization account, which I did, after which I got an "unspecified error" message.

Now when I go back to that same page I get the below in plain text (no web page):

{"error":"invalid request","errorCode":1}

The problem is likely due to the fact that our Office365 org account is not used for email,  our Exchange mail server is on-premise and we use the Office 2016 desktop programs. How do I just download the add-in instead of using the app store?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maksym Yokha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 13, 2021

Hi @Matt Wilkie! Hope you're doing well.

You can't download this add-in as a file. Getting it from AppSource is the only way to start using it.

If you're not able to install Outlook add-ins from AppSource please check the Outlook add-in requirements MS documentation page.

Matt Wilkie September 13, 2021

Urkh.  We meet all of those requirements excepting "the client access servers must be able to communicate with AppSource."

I've installed and use several other addins (from other companies) without using AppSource. Why is that the only available method for this addin?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events