Jira Automation: Field Value changed - "OriginalEstimate"

Max Benek July 28, 2020

At Jira Automation for trigger "Field Value changed", where can I find the field "OriginalEstimate"?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2020

Hi @Max Benek 

Have you tried using the field "Time Tracking"? I believe original estimate alongside remaining estimate both fall under this field.

Ste

Max Benek August 3, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ,

Thank you for the fast reply! It's working with "Time Tracking".

Max

0 votes
Éva Bihari August 3, 2020

Thanks for the answer, however do you have any idea how can I distinguish weather the originalEstimate or the remainingEstimate has been changed? 

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2020

Hi @Éva Bihari 

In Automation? Not that I know of. What are you trying to achieve?

Ste

Max Benek August 4, 2020

I think we have the same idea. I'm trying to notify user and change the status to "Wait for authorization", if the originalEstimate was changed.

If someone changes the originalEstimate, the remainingEstimate will be changed too I think, because they are related.

Maybe this one helps

Trigger: When Value changes for Time tracking

JQL condition: If issue matches JQL originalEstimate >= 4h

Comment on issue: Add comment to issue

Transition issue: Transition the issue to "Wait for authorization"

Éva Bihari August 4, 2020

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_  the use case is the following:

\before e ticket is created estimation is done by team members how long it will take to do the task. While work ongoing we are asking engineers to log their work and modify the RemainingEstimate in case they see estimated time won't be enough. What we want to avoid updating the originalEstimate value as later we want to investigate whether we see patterns and can improve estimation for the projects.

I want to send automated e-mails if OriginalEstimate value changed and ask the user to revert it back it's original value.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 4, 2020

Hi @Éva Bihari 

Not that I know of using Automation - Time Tracking is classed as one field / two related fields. I've not located a trigger or trigger/condition which allows for just original estimate being edited to send a notification.

If you're looking for a more indepth view of time tracking in this manner, I'd consider checking out time tracking apps on the Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/categories/time-tracking

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events