Jenkins Trigger build on Bitbucket when merge branch

Adam Cadwell April 2, 2019

Hi, I am fairly new to Bitbucket/Jenkins and I am trying to get Jenkins to trigger a build when my branch is merged into master on Bitbucket.

First of all I have successfully been able to integrate my Jenkins with Bitbucket so when I do a push on my branch to Bitbucket via a webhook, it will trigger a build in Jenkins and grab all the files and push to the correct environment. I've noticed in the webhook there is a trigger for Merge however when select this does not trigger a build.

Is there any appropriate plugin for this I can download for Jenkins or any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2021

It is actually a rather typical automation problem which can be implemented with the Better DevOps Automation add-on.

Here is the step-by-step guide. It will just trigger the desired Jenkins build after every change even if that is a merge.

Note that there are other recipes available for more complex automation needs, like running a particular build if the "@build" command is in the commit message:

devops-automation-for-jira-jenkins-build

1 vote
Simon Storr April 12, 2019

We're having the same issue here with our BitBucket Cloud server and our Azure-hosted Jenkins server. I have the following setup:

Jenkins 2.164.2
'Build when a change is pushed to BitBucket' checked in Jenkins job (BitBucket Plugin installed)

In the BB repository, added a hook under Settings -> Webhooks:
Title: Jenkins
URL <our jenkins server>/bitbucket-hook/
Request History: Enabled
Triggers: Choose from a list
Pull Request - Merged ticked only

When I merge a pull request, the hook is triggered and 200 response comes back from Jenkins, but no build is triggered:

Untitled.png

In Jenkins I get a 'BitBucket Hook Log' tab but it just says 'Polling has not run yet'

0 votes
christianmornard May 28, 2019

One workaround is to create one job per branch. But that is certainly not DRY.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events