JSU post function make an unappropriated transition on a subtask

Kaveh M Mehr May 2, 2020

Hi all

I have 2 post function on a transition .

Each of them should do a transition  on a specific sub task 

But JSU do similar  transition on unappropriated  sub tasks

For example  if i have 5 sub task  of different issue types with different workflows.

I expect that 2 post function do transition on 2  appropriated sub tasks and other three sub tasks have no changes. But Unfortunately JSU do transition on all 5  sub tasks .  

Regards

KMM

2 answers

1 vote
Benjamin Weber -Beecom- May 13, 2020

If you use the Parent - Sub-Task relation in JSU, it is going to perform the post function on all sub tasks.
But if you use the JQL relation, you might be able to filter based on some properties on your sub tasks and the parent = {issue.key} JQL expression.

Also, the only relevant property for executing the transition is its ID. We do not distinguish between workflows. If you need to make sure only issues from a certain workflow are changed, you can also use project = XYZ AND issuetype = ABC to narrow down the issues.

You can also find the details in the documentation of the Linked Transition Post Function.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2020

Post functions always run, although you can add conditions to some types of them.

What have you configured for these two post-functions specifically?

Kaveh M Mehr May 2, 2020

These post functions contain Transition ID  naturally

so i expect they do just one transition but they do another transitions in addition

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events