JQL to find Test Cases of children of a specific Parent?

Mark Anderson April 16, 2021

I'm using Jira and Xray for TCM.

We have a Jira Issue Type "Task" which has "sub-tasks".  The test cases were created at the sub task level.  When viewing the Task parent item, the Test Coverage section shows a roll up of the test cases belonging to both the Parent and the Children.  This is great.

But When I am assigning test cases to a Test Set if I select that Parent item, it only brings up the test cases linked directly to the Parent, not those in the Children.  

I want to find a way to query and grab all of those tests that show in the "Test Coverage" section of the Parent item so that I can act on them all at once.  put them into a Test Set directly or at worst bulk edit them.  

Ideas or another way to get there?  thanks.

TestCoverage.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

Hi @Mark Anderson 

Currently, the covering option only shows the Test cases linked with the issue Key set in the option. So you would need to add the children Keys to the Covering option to have the respective test cases.

We have this as an improvement suggestion (https://jira.xpand-it.com/browse/XRAYCLOUD-3733) reported and gathering the interest of our customers.
Please vote and watch it so that you can receive email alerts.

If you need additional help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com ) so that we can request additional information and help further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Mark Anderson May 25, 2021

Thanks for the link, I voted.

I solved my problem in this manner:

- using Enhanced Search add-on to pull linked issues

- it wouldn't look at sub-tasks so I had to duplicate all of my sub-task (child) linked items linking them as a normal link type as well.  

rohan_nirola May 27, 2023

How did you pull ? can you share the JQL?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events