JQL to Groovy Script Condition

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2021

It it possible to use JQL within Groovy Scripts for a condition?

I'm using an Insight Post Function but need to have the following JQL as a condition

"Company Product" IN iqlFunction("\"Supporting Agent\" IS NOT EMPTY")

If the condition is true, then the issue is assigned to the Supporting Agent.

2 answers

0 votes
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi, 

Instead of using groovy script you could try to use the Insight post function called Assign Issue based on attribute in a selected Insight Object.

This post function will automatically assign the issue to the user in the attribute you mention in the post function. If attribute is empty for the selected object, no one will be assigned. No condition is thus needed. 

David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 20, 2021

Hi @Björn Gullander 

Yeah that makes sense, Maybe this was a bad example as it was the first use case I came across.  But I will need to make use of this at a later date with other JQL, so the question still remains, how does one validate JQL within a Groovy script, 

0 votes
David Harkins
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2021

Trying 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField;

def value = issue.getCustomFieldValue(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObject(10241));     

if (value != null && "Support Team".equals(value["NGC"])) {

return true;

} ELSE {

return false;

}

But no success yet

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events