JQL requiring all options of checkbox field?

Alexandra Smith December 12, 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to write an automation rule (with either SD native automation or Automation Lite) to alert users if all values in a custom multi-select checkbox field were not selected. I'm getting tripped up because I need it to run if not all values were checked, whether that means none of them were checked or only some of them were checked.

Alternately we do have the JMWE add-on, which includes the Scripted (Groovy) Validator, but I'm not confident enough to write a non-declarative validation rule that would require all of the values to be selected. I've found the below helpful ScriptRunner validator, but we don't have that add-on.

cfValues['Please acknowledge'][0].getValue() == 'option1'
cfValues['Please acknowledge.'][1].getValue() == 'option2'

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

2 votes
Alexandra Smith December 12, 2017

I did actually find an answer for the JQL (see below), but if anyone can make suggestions for the Groovy validator that would be greatly appreciated.

"Field" is not EMPTY AND NOT ("Field" in ("option1") AND "Field" in ("option2")
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2020

Helped me a lot. In my case I was searching for issues that do not have "QA for Cloud passed" flag:

("QA Passed for[Checkboxes]" is empty or "QA Passed for[Checkboxes]" not in ("Cloud"))
1 vote
Deleted user December 12, 2017

Hey there Alexandra,

With Automation for Jira, you can use the "size" property of your custom field value. So in your case, you'd want to add a Compare condition that matches the number of selected options.

image.png

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Mark C

Alexandra Smith December 13, 2017

Thanks Mark, but we actually only have Automation Lite, not Pro. Your suggestion is much cleaner than what I used in the native SD automation, tho (because the values are so so long). Appreciate your help!

Ed August 21, 2020

This helped me. Thx!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events